Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seriously, Why Do I EVEN Try?

What was I thinking? I thought "Hey, I've never been to the circus. My kids have never been to the circus. Let's go." Well, if I had only known. Now, I use the term "circus" very loosely. It was no Barnum and Bailey's, but it had the word circus in the title, and you could pick up free tickets at the hardware store. How much more legit does it come??? Well, after MAKING Ross come with us and forcing Louis to, as well(should have been a huge red flag!!) We were on our way. First off, we come across this cute little boy, lost and crying. His grandma had lost him. That's right. Lost him. He was sitting on the steps to the McKay Events Center, sobbing and we stopped to see if he needed help. Come to find out later, he was special needs and had wandered off. It was the saddest thing in the whole world. This darling little boy, doesn't know grandma's cell phone number, doesn't know where they parked, tearing my heart out. Well, after about 15 minutes, his grandma found us. She was so upset. I felt really bad for her. Oh well. On to the circus. We arrived at 6:00 for a 7:00 start time. General admission, so I figured we should get there a few minutes early, so we weren't up in the nosebleeds. Well, let's just put it this way. People were walking in at 8:30 and sat right behind us. Shut up. I know. So,the show started promptly at 7:45. That's right folks, 45 minutes late. We were already pushing it, for a school night. I was going crazy and Ross was giving me the death stare the whole time! Well, sorry. I had no idea that they were that "professional". Anywho, determined to make this a good time, on we went. They had elephant rides and pony rides, face painting and bounce houses. Sweet. We got in line for the elephant rides. We get up there almost ready to get on. They ask for our tickets. So, I show them our admittance tickets. Oh no, ma'am. You have to go over to the ticket booth and buy an EIGHT DOLLAR TICKET. Shut the *%$# up. No way. I was over it. They're lucky I didn't slap the carnie in the face. So, ticked off and kids crying, I made them go sit in their seats. This is what the next hour consisted of.


I suck. I am officially the worst mom ever! I can't believe that I didn't pay them EIGHT DOLLARS for this:

They walked around in a circle one time. Thanks have a nice day. Give me EIGHT DOLLARS. Seriously, people.

After beatings were distrubuted, this is what we got.




Patiently waiting for the show to start. 1 hour and 45 minutes after we got there. It finally started.



This is as close as she got to the stinkin' elephants.



Keep in mind, it started at 7:45 and Cole goes to bed at 7. Good times.




They finally got a little bit into it.






This is Louis' "workin' it" face!!





The lions and tigers were pretty cool.




The dyed poodles, were not.






Poor bear. I would be onrey if I had to wear that stupid pink thing, too.




Ross was a good sport, he took them down on the floor at intermission to get up close and see all of the animals. About 5 minutes after this we left. The intermission started at 8:45 and at 9:15 it was still going strong, so I made the executive decision, that we were leaving. I suck. I know. They were crying and screaming. We were quite the sight. Next time, we're staying home.










No comments: