Sunday, June 29, 2008

Poor Cole!

During the middle of the night on Monday, Cole woke me up with this horrible cough. The bells went off in my head, the doctor confirmed what I already knew.....croup. Yuck! Poor kid, it's the middle of summer and he has the croup. Anywho, one co-pay and one steroid shot later, we bought a warm air vaporizer and he was good to go. Until the next day. He started with this really heavy, wet cough. Definitley not croup anymore. Bronchitis. One co-pay, one prescription for zithromax, one nebulizer (yep I'm the proud new owner of a nebulizer. I'm speechless.), one prescription for oral albuterol to be nebulized (?) and we were good to go. I almost just signed over my paycheck. Crap. I can't believe the poor little guy has bronchitis. Although, he has been a pretty good sport so far, he is starting to get a little disgruntled with his breathing treatments. He freaks out pretty good when he sees me setting it up. Poor kid. Poor mom. Whew!

In other news, we had family pics with the Williams-Van Orman clan last night. Surprisingly they were short and sweet. No major melt-downs, no one fell in the river, no one actually smiled at the weird lady with the feathery duck. Isn't it funny how we'll do anything to make kids smile for a picture. For the picture of just the grandkids, all of the grown-ups were jumping up and down, yelling, whistling, and making funny faces. It was quite the site to behold. Then, off to Cold Stone for ice cream, thanks Grandma Linda. The kids love getting flavors like, mint ice cream mixed with gummy bears. GAG! But, again it was fun for the kids to be with their cousins. They love it. They are going to be so sad when they leave. They all get along really well. Except Claire and Louis. Louis just loves that little girl to pieces, tries to hug and kiss and carry her around. She will have nothing to do with him. She has had it up to her eyebrows with boys. All she has are brothers. So, it kind of makes Louis sad, but he keeps on trying!!!

Fun things coming up...picnic up the canyon tonight with all of the cousins, yep, there's one. Ross, Russ and Devin have one cousin. Isn't that funny. I think I have 300+ cousins. But it should be fun. Then some of us are going to Stadium of Fire on Friday. It should be a good time. I love tween music and screaming tweens. Yippee skippy! Anywho, summer has been fun so far, I think I am becoming a summer person, I love the sun and the warm weather. Good times! Now, we'll have to talk to Russ and Traci about visiting more than once a decade!

No comments: