Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funny, funny

This afternoon I was with my kids in the car at my father-in-law's house. The kids ran over to play with the next door neighbor's dog, Dottie. They love this dog!! Well, the couple that live there are quite old. Maybe my grandparents age. (YOUNG I MEAN!!!) So, the older gentleman asks the kids if they like this dog and if they want to keep her. The kids say that we already have three dogs (THAT'S RIGHT THREE DOGS, PEOPLE!! I AM SO OUTNUMBERED BY PET LOVERS!!!!) and that their parents probably won't let them have her. As they are re-telling this story in the car on the way home, I told them that they were probably just joking with them. Louis very firmly says, "Mom, old people don't joke. Except Grandpa Olsen." HA!! I was laughing so hard. What? Old people don't joke!!!!???! "Remember the sliding on the ice, thing that you told us about grandpa, that was funny!" This kid...he's killing me!!

So...the ice story. One time when I was probably 10 or 12 we were coming out of church on a winter Sunday and there was a large patch of ice in the parking lot. My dad said, "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.!!" It was hysterical, if you know my dad at all...that is so....him. It's always stayed with us and I said it last winter...apparently for the first time in front of my kids and they were dying. It was like the funniest thing in the world to them. So, if my children tell your children to pull down their pants and slide on the ice....it's all my dad's fault. Sorry!! :)

So...someday this little dude...



will probably be as funny as this dude...


1 comment:

Tara said...

What a cute post! The picture of Louis is the cutest thing I've ever seen!