Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do You Remember The Time?

Yesterday I had a bizarre experience. I left my cell phone home! Yikes. I know. Pathetic. But, the reason it is such a hard thing is that I use that phone to run my business. I was at work for eight hours and didn't have a phone. The salon I work at doesn't have a main line, we all make our own appointments and use our own phones. I felt so isolated. But, you know what? I kind of liked it. I actually more than liked it, it was really nice! I didn't have to keep interrupting my clients with the rings and have to return a million calls (I did that last night :)) It reminded me of how it used to be in the "olden days", when you got in your car you were alone and no one could get a hold of you. At the store you were alone, you actually got to think and be alone! I'll admit there are definite benefits to the "cell phone" but, I just enjoyed my day at work without any interruptions. Just thought I would share that with you. Now I'm off to return some texts...;)

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Those are good times, way back before cell phones.

A little scary with my old rickity car on the freeway but I did get rid of the car and got a phone.

I don't love when Max leaves his phone home. It rings ALL day long!

Unknown said...

I left my phone in the hot car on Sunday and it died for a little while-- it was nice! I was a little disapointed when it started working again!

Lisa L. said...

I find myself panicking, wondering if someone is trying to get in touch with me and can't. You know, while I am at Target for 20 minutes. I think I need to spend some more time without my phone!