Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why?

Why do I care about Jon and Kate?

Why do I feel drawn to watch their show?

Why is he so immature?

Why did he pierce both ears with diamond studs?

Why does Kate still have that haircut?

Why did I cry when I watched last night's episode when I don't care?

Seriously people. I can't stop watching. I swore I wouldn't watch anymore when they moved to their new house and turned into snobs. I swore I didn't care what happened to that crabby, ornery, mean Kate. I swore I felt bad for Jon.

What happened. I found myself feeling for her. Wanting to hug her and tell her it would be okay. I wanted to slap him upside of his hair plugged head and rip out his earrings. (Seriously, boys with pierced ears is so last season!) Why do I care???

The kids. That's why I care. Those cute little kids didn't ask for any of this. They got thrown into this mess before they could walk or talk or give an opinion (not that it would have mattered~). I just hurt in my heart for that little (big) family. No one should have to go through that. No one should have to feel abandoned, left alone and betrayed. Now, don't judge here! I've never been through this in any way shape or form, I'm just offering my observation.

Jon, pull up your big boy pants and suck it up! Learn to get along, go to counseling, learn how to communicate. Isn't that what it's all about? Life isn't easy, not everything goes your way. But, you chose to have those children, you chose to marry Kate. You knew what you were getting into (as much as any of us know). Yikes! I act like I know what I'm talking about. I don't and I don't claim to. I just remember hearing a talk somewhere, sometime (specific, I know!!) about marriage difficulties. I remember the person giving the talk saying that If you fell into and out of love with the same person, you know how to fall in love again! Basically, suck it up and do what is best for your family. Lose yourself in serving your spouse and think of how they feel and do what you can to make them happy! That will in turn make you happy. Words to live by!

I do not have the perfect family or marriage, nor do I claim to. Just offering my words of advice to people that don't care and venting. Thanks for listening.

8 comments:

Merilee said...

Amen. I did the same exact thing. I have always had a bee in my bonnet about Kate, and her attitude. Last night, I felt so sorry for her, for him, and for those kids. They both need to grow up...seriously!

Tara said...

Diddo to it all! When it was over I just had a sick feeling. We've seen 3 families on Brian's side be torn apart in the last 3 years and it just makes me so sad to see families break up! Marriage isn't easy but it shouldn't be so hard to throw it away! I'm so glad you posted this!!!

ali said...

does that mean they decided to get a divorce? I don't follow the show anymore, so I don't know anything other than the tabloids (and I'm getting tired of those too).

Also, I totally hate her hair. I call it the reverse mullet for women who want to have long hair but don't want to have to style a complete head of hair.

Unknown said...

I am equally obsessed, and sad for those kids. My tongue about fell out of my head when I saw his earrings. And is it my imagination, or is Kate a little more "well-endowed" on top?
And please tell me that I have better hair than her. I do not have the reverse mullet do I?

Hillary said...

DITTO, And,why do we care? They are both twits! I feel for those sweet kids, they better have huge college funds!

I've never even watched their show, but since all the trauma I have been glued. I haven't watched last nights show yet, I recorded it when Max wouldn't know I was doing it. How sad is that?

I feel the same way about searving your spouse. They should take a lesson from us. Cus we're so great. Kidding.

Allie said...

I am with ya!!! I about died when I saw his earrings, talk about looking ridiculous!!!! I always thought she was a crab, but he is just a freaking idiot now in my opinion. So sad for those precious kids. Thanks for posting what we anyone who watches this show is thinking. And the hairdo.....you need to give her a little advice in that area since you ROCK at hair!!!! I still wished I lived closer just so I could have my rockin' hair dresser back :)

erika said...

I agree.But I do have to say.That money & fame got to both of them.Plus I also feel she chase him away.she was so mean to him at the first.Then he got tired of it& threw it back to her.So it was a back & forward game.Something you would do when you are teenagers.
I think they should have tired to work things out.

Lisa L. said...

I find it funny that people talk about oh, he had so much responsibility at a young age. He was like 24 when the twins were born! Gracious. What is the deal with people thinking you have to have this time in your life where you go party and go out clubbing. Also, they keep talking about all the stuff they do for the kids. Bought the house, all the toys, etc. Yet, I am sure if you asked the kids they would want a smaller house, less toys, and no free vacations if it meant having mom and dad together.