Did you know that I love Christmas music?
Did you know that I am VERY PICKY about said music?
I can not listen to just anyone sing Christmas music. I can't bring myself to listen to Boys II Men Christmas or *NSYNC does Christmas. Just can't do it. Maybe it's a boy band thing, maybe not...still. can't do it!
Did you know that it is not Christmas at my house if Kenny G "Miracles" isn't playing somewhere, some time? (I highly recommend it!)
Did you know that I have replaced that CD like 3 times? It's getting harder to find.
Did you know that the instant I hear the first note of the first song on that album-Christmas can begin?
By the way, I also love SheDaisey Christmas, too. My little sister recommended it to me. I am not a big pop star turned Christmas music star fan, but this one works.
I love putting up my Christmas tree listening to Christmas music.
Did you know I have a fake Christmas tree? I really love real ones, but my grandparents gave this one to me and it is beautiful and I can't bring myself to rid of it, just yet!!
I burn an evergreen candle all season so it smells like a real one.
Did you know that I love Christmas....the feeling, the smells, the tastes, the family, the parties, the service, the giving, the excitement??
I know I'm jumping the gun, I'm just getting warmed up!!!
I also love Brenda Lee's version of "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree". Not only because it's a great song, but also because it is from Home Alone. That movie is a great memory to me of when I was an adult child living at home. It is a time we all went to the movie theater together. Dad, boys, me, mom , sis. All of us at home. I am not sure why it is such a great memory for me, I just remember looking down the row of all of us sitting there in the theater laughing and taking a mental picture as a very happy moment in my life!
Have a happy holiday season with your family!! I'm thankful for all of you, all of my friends, family and blog stalkers....thank you for being a part of my life. I love the seasoning that you all bring to my life. I life a blessed life....(How's that for ending a Christmas post with a Thanksgiving feel??) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
that was awesome...happy thanksgiving and merry christmas all in one...i love christmas music too...can't wait to get my hands on hilary weeks new one and i'll have to check out kenny g...have a good one...loves
Great post! You made me cry when you were talking about your movie theater memory. I love Christmas music too and I'm glad you suggested some to try!
thanks for the recomendations about the music and i never thought to burn a candle to make my fake tree smell real, im going to have to try it this year! are you jumping the gun and starting to decorate too? i hope that you and your family have a great holiday season :)
I have great Home Alone memories too, it's still a holiday favorite for me. Jon doesn't understand...
Also, I'm totally picky about my Christmas music too. Yay, it's coming!!
Love the Adam Sandler Turkey song!!!
Did you know, that you should BURN yourself a few copies of Kenny G's album so you can ruin them as much as you want, and always have the original as back up.
You should also know that that is not my genius idea. My smarty pants neighbor told me that idea.
Now I will finish reading your blog.
Post a Comment