Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shut UP!!!

Sorry for the harshness!! I am just feeling like I need to tell myself that.

I seem to do these posts every once in a while, so I'm just gonna do it again.

Seriously. Shut up. Quit complaining.

I feel like all I do is complain and whine and stress about my life.

I am the luckiest girl in the world.

I have a wonderful family.

My husband loves me and would do absolutely anything for me.

He works hard to provide for our family.

I am spoiled rotten.

My children are the best.

Kennedy is the best helper in the world.

Louis is the most obedient child....

Cole is just cute and ALMOST potty trained!!

They get good grades, they do so well in school.

For the most part they do what they are supposed to do.

We live in a nice house.

I have the perfect job.

We can pay our bills.

I don't know what I am complaining for.

I have also been worrying about my kids a lot lately.

I think I get all caught up in what they don't do, the things they do that bug me. Why they don't follow rules EXACTLY. Why they argue, why they complain....

Then, I stop for a minute. I think back to when I was a kid....I did all of those things and many more that my kids don't do.

I would sit in my room and hear my mom call my name over and over and over and just act like I couldn't hear her. THAT IS MY WORST PET PEEVE. Sorry mom.

I totally snuck candy, told little lies to get out of stuff, didn't always do what I was supposed to do. I was even known to graffiti things every now and then, too. I SAID I WAS SORRY, OKAY!!

So, I guess what I am saying is.....I spend all of this time thinking that I am an awful parent and that my kids are going to grow up to be drug dealers and murderers because of these tiny things....I need to just chill out and let them be kids and let them make mistakes and learn, just like I did.

I didn't turn out so bad.

Well.....there was that one thing....

That really didn't make much sense, it is just the things that I am thinking about and worrying about right now. Bear with me!! :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad you did this post! I needed it! I'm in such a rut right now and need to get out of it!!! Think positive thoughts! Just hard to do that when not always surrounded by positive thoughts and people! Needed a good reminder to just chill and enjoy! This is what I love about blogs! One persons post is another persons "lesson of the day"! Thanks Emily! You're awesome!!!

ali said...

Nice to know my kids aren't the only ones ;)