Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just complaining again!!!!!

I am not sure why, but when signs are misspelled or they use improper english...it DrIVeS ME nUTs!!!!

Especially when it is advertising for a business or on the front of a store. Seriously.

McDonald's (in Payson):

Try A Angus burger today.

I despise when people use the word "seen" instead of saw or in some other random way. I don't know why this drives me so crazy, it's not like I am an english major or anything!! I also notice it quite frequently in the blogging world. Yikes! I know that I am a freak about misspelling (sorry Jamie!!!) even though I do it sometimes!! I guess it's just one of my funny quirks.

I can also not stand when words are used improperly. Like " We went too the store" or "Their not coming to the play".

Sorry. I really am not this big of a hag, I just had to voice my frustration.

And, as the saying goes in my household:

We live IN Santaquin, we are not FROM Santaquin.

(Sorry peeps who are from Santaquin, I know I am generalizing, but you know who I'm talking about!!!!)

6 comments:

jer and lous crew said...

so i'm not sure if i can complain with you because i might be one of those that does stupid things like that when i BLOG....WOOPS...if so you should point them out to me so i can do better next time...i hope your turkey day is awesome and full of fun....loves

Annalee said...

Well... I nearly peed myself when I read your status update today...or at least the responses. I seen a lot of crazy stuff too.

[And fyi, these things drives me nuts more than almost anything!]

Unknown said...

haha, I hate it to! :) too. Written errors drive me crazy, how hard is it to use the right spelling? As for speaking, I know I make mistakes all of the time, so I can't comment.

Hillary said...

AMEN Sista'

I also, don't love mouth breathers.

Anonymous said...

An AMEN from me, too!

Tara said...

It bugs the heck out of me too! I usually blog and facebook in the wee hours of the morning and I find that I have even made the mistake a few times commenting and posting that early. It makes me so mad at myself!!! It's such a pet peeve!!!!! My favorite though was when Zack would bring home notes from his third grade teacher that were so BAD!!! Oh man did I have to bite my tongue!!!!