Well, it was Saturday, mom didn't have to work (!!!), dad needed to sleep for work that night, and we were headed to Orem anyway. What does that mean? Let's hit Pumpkinland, of course. So, we did. In all of it's glory and freakin' sweatiness. I thought it was fall, silly me. So, we actually wore long sleeved shirts, and can you believe it, pants. What were we thinking? We were sweating like crazy. By the time we made all the wrong turns (stupid corn maze) and did all the bounce houses (please pass the hand sanatizer) and played on the playground (thank heavens for one lone folding chair and the shade of a port-a-potty), we had had just about enough fun for one afternoon. So, we headed in to buy our pumpkins. Good thing the kids are easily impressed and it doesn't take much to excite them. They had a fabulous time and I'm just happy they're happy, right. Now for that port-a-potty smell, any laundry tricks to get it out of my jeans? :)

Sissy and Cole playing on the playground. Pay no attention to the extra large sunglasses. Some fights just aren't worth it!!!
This kid is so awesome, he is such a good sport. He just sat in his stroller the whole time, playing with my bracelet. What a cutie!
The kiddos outside the corn maze
Kennedy, posing. Huh, she never does that.
Lou, stopping just long enough for a quick pic.
A fun time was had by all.
After a fun afternoon of sweat and pumpkins, their grandma Linda took them to see Hotel Frankenstein. He husband (Ross' step-dad) plays Dr. Frankenstein and apparently it is quite the show. I have never seen it, but the kids had a ball. Thanks Grandma Linda for the fun time, the kids loved it. I, however, had a few spare hours. So, I called my parents, we went to dinner and talked and then went back to their house and did a bunch more talking. I really enjoyed it. We haven't had a chance to just hang out and catch up for a very long time, without kids. It was a nice, quiet enjoyable evening. So, all in all a fairly productive Saturday. What am I still doing awake? I have some serious sleep to be gettin'. I'm outta here!
No comments:
Post a Comment