Yesterday, while I was at the gym, walking on the treadmill (yippee) I was watching the food network. Why do I do that to myself, I always ask??? Here I am trying like crazy to lose weight, and torturing myself at the same time. Oh well, I do it anyway. It's either that or watch "For the Love of Ray-J". Seriously people. Reality t.v. has gotten out of control. But, on to food. So, Ms. Paul Deen, whom I love (mostly because of the way she says olive ool) was cooking with eggs and making all kinds of yummy breakfast foods. I was hooked. We love eggs and breakfast foods. She had all of these fabulous things, omelets, quiches, cinnamon buns. So, today is Ross' birthday, and I decided to make a yummy breakfast to celebrate. I decided to make the hash brown quiche, and the ultimate coffee cake. They turned out so fabulous. I can't even tell you, it was the yummiest breakfast I've had in a long time. So, this one is going in the recipe box and will become regulars. Give it a shot! She also had an awesome recipe for omelets for a crowd. I can't wait to try it!!! Yum, I love food!!

Just a little fyi. I doubled the recipe for the crust on the quiche and use the same amount of butter, so it isn't too fattening. I put it in a 9 by 13 pan and doubled the egg part. You have to cook it a little longer, but it's worth it!! Let me know what you think.


No comments:
Post a Comment