In Louis' class a few weeks ago they were learning about "American symbols" what they stand for and what they represent. His teacher gave them an assignment to create their own flags, to design it themselves and then tell what each symbol and color represents.
Louis' flag looked just like the American Flag but was colored in black, yellow and orange. In his words:
The black represents guns, the yellow represents fighters and yellow represents security.
Huh. I'm not sure how to take that. I wonder if it's from hearing about the war so much and "national security" and the things they say on KSL. I'm not sure. I do know that he is observant and asks a lot about what's going on in the world. He prays every night to "Protect the men and women in the army that they will fight well and come home to their families". What a sweet dude. I'm just not sure if this should make me nervous or not. Probably not. Right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That is so sweet. My brother is in the army! His wife and little boy are home here. Tell your boy that it is a big deal and so appreciated for families that have military. You should be so proud. Cute! Karen
*whew* I thought you were going to say he made a swastika!
Looks like a republican in the makes... ;) I think it is sweet!
Post a Comment