Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day Goodness

Well. It's here. The first day of school.

Yippee.

Oh no.

Sad.

Happy.

Cole missing friends.

Mommy missing friends helping with Cole.

Kiddos beyond excited.

Giddy, couldn't sleep excited!!!

Another great year at Liberty.

All of these things have been going on around here lately! We are all so excited and yet, not at the same time. Kennedy and Louis definitely need some time apart from each other. They thrive in school. They just love it so much. They love the atmosphere, the friends, their former teachers. It's one big happy family. Yet, it's sad to see them get another year older, another year taller, sassier and more grown up. Yikes. 2nd grade and 4th grade. I'm not old enough to have kids that old.

Oh wait. Yes I am. Ick.



Kennedy's first day pose. Don't ask about the 9 inches of white tank top hanging out the bottom. It's not worth the tears of fighting to get rid of it!!


Louis' first day pose. He was so excited to wear his "sketchers". He's been dying since we bought them 2 months ago. Finally....


Lou in front of his classroom!! He's excited to be in Miss Condit's class!! Hopefully it's going to be a fab year! He's had the best teachers this last 2 years. I mean, it's going to be hard to measure up!!! He's so excited. Last night he said "Mom, I think I'm going to try and earn the outstanding student award again, this year!!" He's so darling. He wants so badly to be a good student and to do well!!



Kennedy, in front of her 4th/5th split classroom. Mrs. Hamilton is her teacher this year! She seems like a really nice lady. Don't know much about her, but I"m sure Kennedy will do fine! She always does!! She is coming off a great year as well. Mrs. Nielson and Mr. Hartman were her FAVORITE teachers. They were so much fun for her! She's looking forward to not having Quinton in her class this year. The poor girl is teased mercilessly by this boy. She has a hard time with that. It's probably because she's so darling!! She's gonna' rock 4th grade this year. Just ask her!!!
Meanwhile, Cole and I are doing this....


He spent all morning moving this little collection of things from the top of the cooler to the lazy susan to the counter to the couch and right now he's in the process of relocating them to the see saw on the swing set. But, he hasn't made a peep. He's so funny.
What? So, I have a cooler in my kitchen. Don't you? I also have an engine block in my bathtub and an old couch on my front step. Don't judge me!!

4 comments:

griffin gossip said...

we have another week! So sad. Bay has a thing with a white undershirt too. What do you do. karen

jaMi n' beRt said...

Nice..the kids finally are in school.. ya..white trasher..do you have an old laundry bucket for the garbage too? LOL Cute Kiddos!!!

Tara said...

Cute post! Zack starts back tomorrow and Matty next week. So excited! Your kids are so cute!

erika said...

Where does the summertime go?
I feel the same way too.