Thursday, January 8, 2009

Restaurant K&E

As part of my goal to be a better mother, I have decided to let my children help me cook a little more. It is something that they totally love and it makes them feel special.

The other night, I was getting dinner ready and asked Kennedy to help me make a "restaurant" for the family. They love to do this. If you never have, you should. The kids die over it!!! They feel fancy and fun and even Ross plays along. What a good sport.



Here we are getting everything ready!

So, while I was finishing up some things I had her make some menus and set the table. She totally got into it and named the restaurant "Restaurant K&E". It was adorable. So, we invited the boys up from the basement and sat them at their table. She got out a little notebook and had them look at their menus and order while she wrote it down. They really didn't have a choice, but she wrote it down anyway! We had salad for our first course. Then for the main course we had Zucchini Fettuccini (the best meal on the planet!!)


As you can see it was nothing fancy, but they loved it!! And Ross felt like flexing, apparently.

For dessert we had "Chocolate Surprise" (graham crackers with chocolate frosting in the middle)! Funny, I know but we used to have them when I was little and I love them. The kids thought they were very gourmet. Hey, whatever they say!! So, all in all, it was a fun evening and the kids talked about it non-stop. Next up is Louis, he gets to help me with the next one! We'll see....





No comments: