So, we (I) decided that we need a new dining room table. So, Ross being the good husband that he is, bought me one! I love it and I am so excited to actually sit at it. That being said, we have had it since Saturday afternoon, and we (Ross) are still assembling the blasted thing!! Imagine with me if you will, one kitchen table, 8 chairs and 2 dressers, all in pieces in my front room....Not a pretty picture. He's a good sport and yesterday on his day off, he actually got everything put away and put together.
Hallelujiah! It's a beautiful thing. Although I will miss our old table. Lots of good times and fun family dinners were had here. Lots of restaurants, holding hands across the table, all of my babies sitting up here in their first little boosters, learning how to eat. Wow! I didn't realize that I was so emotional about a piece of furniture! But, if you think about it. This table has been in most of our family pictures that we take at the house, we ate at it 3 times a day. It's been a great little table. Funny, huh, that I am reminiscing about our little table that my parents gave to us the Christmas right before we got married!
Here's how she left us!!
She was a good one, just a chair too short for my cute family. Now we can all sit at the same table. That is if I allow the children to sit here!! Now, I'm crazy paranoid about letting anyone touch the thing!! Oh well. Welcome to our home, new table! I love her!!


Here's how she left us!!
Funny story about how we sold our old table. We decided to list it on ksl.com. Well, I had never really done that before, and hadn't checked around much to see what our table would have been worth. So, we agreed on fifty bucks. So. I list it on ksl. About 3.2 seconds after I finish putting it up on the website I start getting phone calls. Apparently fifty bucks is a good deal. Who knew??? So, this cute little couple from provo calls and they have cash and want to come over right away! Great. Come on down. So, they pull up in their cute little Toyota Corolla, TO BUY A TABLE AND CHAIRS!! He he. So, they tell us that they just barely got married 2 weeks ago and have been eating off of a box and sitting on the floor. They were just this super cute byu couple and innocent as can be! So kind and sweet. How can you not just give it to them? But, we let them buy it for fifty bucks. Now, about getting it home. He had planned to turn it upside down and tie it to his roof and try and fit all four chairs plus the leaf in the back of his Corolla. Huh? Are you kidding me. Ross was dying. So, Ross decided to just put it on our trailor and take it back to Provo for them. What a good guy! So, we helped them out. It felt good to help someone out, even though, obviously we could have gotten more money out of it. You're welcome for saving peoples lives and not letting him attempt that silly maneuver in his Corolla. Hey, we do what we can!


No comments:
Post a Comment