Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Observations

Just a few observations I made today, while in Orem doing a few things.

1. Every fish tank MUST include a "nemo" and "dori" look-a-like.

2. People buy the most random crap at Costco (me included). If they sell it there, it must be a good deal!!!

3. I hate driving in Orem.

4. I hate the dentist (not personally, just the smell, the sounds and that gritty junk they smear all over your teeth)

5. Babies always fall asleep in the car just long enough to not need a nap when they get home.

6. It's embarrassing when you're pretending to be on your cell phone (to avoid the mall kiosk people who want to buff my nails) and it rings. oops.

7. It's always fun and a little weird when someone you don't know compliments you on your outfit. (Is she just that nice, or is my skirt tucked into my undies ;) )

8. I have entirely too much time on my hands if while in Orem, I am thinking, I am going to make a blog post about my observations in Orem.

9. I am definitely in the minority.

10. Cole flirts with the ladies. He's quite the ladies man. I'm just saying.

11. People don't know how to drive, merge, go when the light is green....

12. I STILL get the urge to drive past McDonald's to see whose working (just kidding!!)

13. But I do still crane my neck when driving by Ross' old house. My poor little sister went on a kagillion "drive-by's" with me. That house will always be special to me.

14. I love that you could drop me in the middle of Orem and I could get anywhere I needed to go. I used to be so impressed that my mom "always knew where to go and how to get there". Weird, but didn't you? It's odd when you're little to wonder how the person driving just knows how to get wherever they are going. I know, I didn't say they all made sense.

So, there you have it. My day and the things I think about when I am alone (with Cole who doesn't talk back) and it's quiet ALL DAY LONG!!

4 comments:

Tara said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog and getting a good chuckle!! I'm with ya on the driving thing! I told Brian if we weren't going to move soon I was going to need anger management classes to be able to drive in Utah County! Of course in Price I need anger management classes to be able to handle driving behind everyone going 10 miles an hour...everywhere they go!!!!

Kevin and Erin said...

That is too funny! I wish my boys were quiet in the car. They never shut up the whole time I drive anywhere!! At least they keep me entertained!!

ali said...

ok--picturing #6 just about made me pee my pants!

erika said...

I agree with #2 & # 4.
I always say it cost so much to go (costco).