My grandma is dying. She is in the hospital and she is on life-support.
I know for some people this may not seem huge. I count myself among the lucky few who have had their grand parents well into their adult lives. I am blessed. My Grandpa Gale passed away two months before I got married (11.5 yrs ago) but other than that.... they're all still kickin'. I have the best grandparents ever. Period. All of them very different. But all fabulous.
My Grandma Gale (Lee) is quite the lady. She has had quite the life. She is a spunky, full spirited, sassy lady. I like to think that is where my "sass" came from!! (and I don't mean shoes ;)) She has always been the strong one. She helped my grandpa through some of the hardest times. He was always sick and weak (as long as I could remember) with heart problems and such. She was the rock. She was kickin' butt and takin' names!! She has always been a whipper snapper. You get my drift.
Until this last year. Rheumatoid Arthritis has officially kicked her trash. I don't mean that disrespectfully, but it has. Apparently the medication that she takes for the arthritis lowers your immune system to the point that she catches everything in the world and can't fight it off. She has had a rough year. In and out of the hospital, fighting everything off. She has, until now, beaten the odds. Unfortunately, I think this one might get the best of her.
It is with a very heavy heart and a crying headache that I am writing this, my tribute to my Grandma.
Grandpa Gale
Robert
aqua net
The Beaver Trap
RUMMY
gad-damnit
rust colored Chevette
black garbage sack Christmas presents
tongue clicking when she's disappointed
"Well, hello there Em-lee"
the hotel in Vegas, slapping the ceiling
the king sized pill case
the best home made anything (bread/rolls especially !!)
the smell of coffee
the smell of her perfume
I could go on and on. I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say, she is a great lady and I hope she can make it through. Grandma I love you. You're an awesome example of overcoming adversity and being a strong woman. Grandpa is missing you. I love you.


No comments:
Post a Comment