Friday, September 18, 2009

Why?

Why do the people who "regularly" shop at Good Earth look like they haven't showered in a week?

Why do these same people always smell like a combination of sweat and mayonnaise?

Why did I almost cry in "overwhelm"-ment at the thought of picking fabric colors for a quilt?

Why am I making a quilt?

Why is it that people don't call when they're going to miss a hair appointment? Please call. It makes me want to shave the side of your hair off.

Why so I still wear uncomfortable shoes to work?

Why do I LOVE not working Saturdays so much?

Why do I think of all of these random questions to ask myself??

I'm kind of like a three year old.

Why, why, why?

But, I think they are legitimate questions.

Especially the "good earth" shopper ones.

People. You can shower and be healthy. I know, it's a hard concept. But, it does work and it isn't wasteful to be clean. I swear. I checked. What makes Birkenstocks environmentally friendly, healthy or vegan? Is it something I should know?

7 comments:

Lisa L. said...

Emily, I love your posts. You completely crack me up!

shellyray said...

I agree! Your always making me laugh and I could use a little laughter right now so thanks. I can't wait to see the cute quilt your making. Post pictures!

The Bensons said...

Oh... the good earth people. I feel that way going to Walmart down here, too.

Anonymous said...

Every time I've gone to Good Earth and Alyson is with me she tells me the store stinks. Maybe it's not the store, it's the people. :)

Hillary said...

Its the store AND the people. I always say as soon as I walk in that it stinks.

You wear uncomfy shoes because they are the cutest ones-and you are not 75 and don't need orthodics yet. (hmmm maybe you will need orthodics because of the uncomfy shoes)

This comment is done.

griffin gossip said...

AMEN!!!!! SHOWER PEOPLE ALREADY! I love the uncomfortable shoes statement. It is so true. You are so so cute!!! Karen

Tara said...

I know Meg is AWESOME!! My mom and sisters go regularly and have for a couple years too but I just been hit and miss since I lived in P.G. and then the last time I got them done was at Mother's Day. Last year I had Rudolph toes for Christmas! So awesome!!! And she is adorable! And very very talented!